[MiNT] [Fwd: Re: [Emutos-devel] FYI [Fwd: Re: Keyboard input fails with 1.16.1]]

-----Přeposlaná zpráva-----
From: Laurent Vogel <lvl2@club-internet.fr>
To: emutos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emutos-devel] FYI [Fwd: Re: [MiNT] Keyboard input fails with 1.16.1]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:07:02 +0200

Petr Stehlik forwarded what Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> So, unless I overlook something, it is to be concluded, that EmuTOS,
> eventhough it claims to be TOS version 2.06, lacks the TOS 2.06 BIOS
> functionality in this area, i.e. the kbdvec vector, which is used by
> FreeMiNT to intercept keyboard scancodes.

Emutos implements the kbdvecs structure as documented in the compendium.
(see bios/aciavecs.[Sh]). It even uses it internally.

However the implementation of the interrupt vectors themselves, although
compliant to the documentation, is not strictly identical to the TOS
implementation (for instance, the TOS copies IKBD packets of different
types in different buffers whereas the current EmuTOS implementation *
uses a common buffer, IIRC).

Now, I would be glad to know what use the MiNT guys make of this
kbdvecs structure...

Laurent