[MiNT] freemint 1.16.0b stability

hi,

i wanted to wait some while after the official release, if someone will
report some problems and since nobody does, here are some of my experiences:

- i'm quite frustrated of the very low stability of whole system. the main
reason why i begin to use mint was the stability against magic. and now...
is mint even more unstable! for example... i can't code without mp3s:) so i
use aniplayer all the day and night.. and now... after 20-30 mins, aniplayer
crashes.. without any exception message, memory violation etc...

- i've got a LOT of memory violation messages. ok, you can say, that's your
fault man, but when i see memory violation by programs like shutdown by
draco, here isn't something right:)

- keys in mint: yes, that's great, ctrl+alt+del works like warm start,
but... it seems all the key inputs are blocked or what... i can't break
fsck, i can't use interact programs during boot(for example: error occured,
press any key - NO WAY)...

next problems are probably xaaes related:

- jinnee without NVDI - bus error

- ctrl+alt+tab - freezes the system. and i mean totally freezes

- how to use bit #15 in that "video = xxx"? i use centscreent since videlity
refuses to work with xaaes, but i don't know if it's better in some way or
not

- again that EDITOBJC.SLB... it seems there's a serious problem with ext2
partitions and paths in cfg files... i moved my SLBPATH to 1-16-0 and voila,
problems are (again) gone... and since this is my 2nd experience with ext2
partition when something doesn't work, there's something wrong:)

- when i switch to "xaaes client" (sorry i forgot the right name), menubar
is dead... i can't see "About" and all the others(envs, system log) during the
time  jinnee is active

- in my democoding i use simple alert for showing the average framerate...
bang, undex xaaes i see illegal instruction..

i promise i'll do some more tests, this is what i remember from yesterday,
all was done on clean system(autofolder: nvdi, mouse for serial port,
centscreen,mint.prg) and on ct60.. for example, Adam, on your falcon runs
1.16.0b + xaaes without any problem?

and of course, none of these problems appeared on 1.15.12 kernel...

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org