Re: [MiNT] Possible pppd based my-system crashes

Hello

No, that problem has not gone away. It involves "tcp_sendseg number-number outside window number-number" with the two window numbers being the same, so there is no window in that window.

It is a fatal error, attributed to MiNT or AESSYS or toswin2, and I did RTFM, which attributes this sort of thing to stack overruns, so I set out to increase stack sizes. pppd now has 256K. n_aes has 24, toswin2 128k, and MiNT cache 8192. This has made absolutely no difference, and whatever it does that does this happens only when I am typing words, over ppp, by way of pppd, to New York City, USA, by way of Missouri. I can delete e-mail, read newsgroups, and do anything other than type words for very long.

MiNT 1.15.12, TT030, HDDriver, n_aes, Thing (with Kobald, which I like). I do not suspect the keyboard buffer, assuming there is only one, because that one was responible for the Phantom Typist system halt problem, and that has not been seen in a very long while, because every GDOS program ever written has trapped calls to that register, and diverted them to a properly written buffer structure. Have the latest and last version of NVDI, so that is fixed.

I am out of things to try. Any wild guesses?

This typed using the STiNG stack, which works fine.

Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |