Re: [MiNT] My remarks (2)

>> You asked for one application, where this problem does not occur,
>> right?
>
> No, I was not. I was pointing out a design flaw, and then on a
> sidetrack which you view as the main point, I asked for an
> application where ctrl+a didn't mean "select all", and because I
> expected selfrighteous people to
> use that against me, I clearly said that it was just out of curiosity.

To be clear:

I) You stated that Ctrl close to the A is a design flaw on Atari keyboard.

II) When asked, why, you said that with Ctrl/A + some key you can destroy
your entire text.

III) But (others stated, me among them) this is a major problem only if:

1) your wordprocessor does not take this into account, or

2) your wordprocessor does not have a proper Undo function (which may be
called a "workaround" as well);

IV) And *THIS IS* a point ("use proper tool"), because actually otherwise
many such design flaws may be found on almost each keyboard.

Example:

You think that you are hitting Alt/A, but in fact you (by mistake) hit
Alt/Q, which in many "GUI based programs" means "Quit".

So, in your view, putting Q close to A is an *utterly stupid design flaw*,
because it can lead to destroying entire work (note that separating control
and letter keys in different areas does not prevent this; not that CapsLock
belongs less to control keys than the Control key, btw.).

And of course there are programs (e.g. TOSWIN) which do not ask you, whether
you certainly want to quit, i.e. which do not have software "workarounds"
for this "keyboard design flaw".

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).