Re: [MiNT] My remarks (2)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> You asked for one application, where this problem does not occur, right?

No, I was not. I was pointing out a design flaw, and then on a sidetrack
which you view as the main point, I asked for an application where ctrl+a
didn't mean "select all", and because I expected selfrighteous people to
use that against me, I clearly said that it was just out of curiosity.

> So,
> here you are, there is one application: Papyrus 8. You want more? There are
> also text editors with Undo function.

Which again is totally besides the point.

> Workaround, eh?

"Ein mit ^A markierter Textblock darf sicherheitshalber nicht
ueberschrieben werden" (statusline from Papyrus in your experiment). Yes,
that IS a workaround, and one that really proves there IS an ergonomical
mistake. Which is all I wanted to point out.

> Ah, you haven't even experienced this *bad design flaw* of *utterly stupid*
> Control key location yourself. I see.

Yes I have, but I was illustrating.. oh nevermind I'm not going to repeat
everything just because of your selective blindness. If you must really
miss the point, then you might as well just enjoy it.

Maurits.