Re: [MiNT] My remarks (2)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Lonny Pursell wrote:

> All I can say is I have a Hades060 with a real Atari mouse and forced
> to used a PC keyboard as that is the way the machine is designed.
> Automatically rejecting an idea based on a PC keyboard to me is jumping the

Ah well that wasn't really the case. First of all, the only real keyboard
issue was whether the combination ctrl+alt+tab could be replaced by
something else because it was not convenient on keyboards that have ctrl
next to alt. So pretty much everyone agreed that it should become
configurable. Oh yes except Konrad who didn't like accommodating PC
keyboards. ;)

The rest of the whole discussion followed my remark that a ctrl key in the
middle (well, vertically) ;) of the typing area is silly to begin with,
which was nothing else than that, just a remark (if I wanted to change
Atari's keyboard design, I would have to have said it a few decades ago).
However after being asked for an explanation, I gave one which was taken
so much out of context that the whole discussion would be impossible to
follow for someone who gets all the messages at once because of Hotmale's
features. So better just ignore it, it's over anyway. :o)

Maurits.