Re: [MiNT] 1.16.0 still (x3) no go

I would appreciate that. I am otherwise out of options, and am under the impression that 1.16 is an advancement.

About your keyboard: I would try replacing the keyboard connector on the mother board. If anyone has one, Best Electronics, would, and if you send Bradley Koda a note at bestelec@concentric.net he will tell you if he has. He should. 2 USD, page 33, CB101664, with a color choice. New cable, 10 USD, CB102055.

Before doing that, I would stare closely into that hole, with lots of light and a little magnification, and would probably find that one of those US #26 (I think) gold plated wires is bent out of position or corroded.

If you have a dentist, who throws out worn tools, get some for working with such tiny things, and bending and scraping off little wires. Normally used for cleaning teeth, and such.

Soon, I will be bending some pins on my keyboard. The mouse connector needs to be pulled back a little to make contact.

Thanks for the reminder about mint.ini. I had looked at it, and had forgotten it was there.

One more question. It was, I found Thomas Templemann who wrote Templemon. When I tried to start one of the several versions of that with MiNT 1.15.12 running, it overwrote half the screen and halted the machine. What versions run on a Falcon or TT, and how do you use them. It has been a very long time since I had it running on a ST1040.

One more comment: Atari did not stay in business long enough to get all of the bugs out of hardware. And those that supported Atari stuff did not stay in that business long enough to get all the bugs out of what they produced.

Jim

Jim,

My TT runs a 1.16a kernel.  I installed it long before 1.16b was
released so it's not as late model as it could be.  I'm going to get a
working system running on my good TT with 1.16a and I'll tar it up and
send it to you for you to try.  Sad thing is, this seems like it could
be an Atari hardware flakiness thing that nobody will ever figure out.
This is same reason why MagiC runs great for select people with extra
stable hardware but not for me on any of my machines ever ;)  Things
don't seem to work on our machines like on PC's ;).

I know my one TT has a problem with keyboard.  Have to unplug and plug
it in several times in order to get it working.  The keyboard LED
flickers and lights very weakly suggesting a voltage problem.  I
replaced psu and also tried plenty of different keyboards and resoldered
some joins so I'm down to component level replacement on MB.  Luckily I
have 2 TT's to compare voltage readings at different points.

But, you might be able to turn off MP by going in with a text editor
into C:\{mint folder}\mint.ini and modifying the flags.  I don't
remember the format but it's prety easy to understand.  It should be the
first item in there.  I never had good luck with MP on any of my
systems.  My falcon is ALMOST MP compliant but Jinnee doesn't like it.

Thanks,
Mark