Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib and FreeMiNT

Hi,

Further I had to change for some tools who missed the constant PATH_MAX the include file from <limits.h> to <dirent.h>.
After this change: no compile errors.

I wonder how this affect as PATH_MAX is defined in MiNTLib in limits.h.

If I do a search in the mintlib source directory: find . -iname "*.h" -exec grep -H PATH_MAX {} ";"
The only matching result is: in <bits/local_lim.h>

This file is included by <bits/posix1_lim.h> which in turn is included by <limits.h> and <bits/dirent.h>. The difference is: in limits.h the include "statement" needs a defined __USE_POSIX. This is not the case for <bits/dirent.h>.
So I compiled it wrong?

I just did a "make CROSS=yes".

But: Is it normal that GCC spits out sooooo much warnings? Or is this perhaps a compiler version problem?

Maybe, you know the system compiler we use is 2.95.3 (and this version don't report warnings (except one or two)).

Ups... so there are still some things I'll have to check before I commit any changes! Further I need to recompile everything using a GCC 2.95.3 setup to make sure I didn't break compatibility with the system compiler. (Perhaps on my CT60 Falcon. But I think this will still take ages to compile.)

regards
Philipp