Re: [MiNT] CVS Builds

Hi Mark,

Mark Duckworth wrote:
They will be available at
http://storage.atari-source.com/atari/mirrors/cvs_builds/

Thanks for doing that great job to maintain one binary
snapshot a day ! I'm sure that it will really be for the
benefit of the freeMiNT operating system.

One thing that I must say ... I've many troubles with the
binaries, but it may come from a broken CVS. Anyway,
I can see that the binaries that you are producing are
5 to 10 time bigger than the original binaries
released in the 1.16.0beta, or than Draco's kernel
binaries (http://draco.atari.org).

Would you have an explanation ? Is that coming from the
GCC version you are using (3.3 vs. 2.95.3) or libraries,
or optimization options, binary striping ... That point
must be explained ...

I'm looking forward to your answer ...

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eurêka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org