Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

>>> *Fsfirst()* and *Fsnext()* may not necessarily return the standard >>> *DOS* 8 + 3 file name format.
>>
>> The Compendium is simply wrong here.
>
> For Mint in his state is wrong of course, I agree. Can someone could
> test on the old Multitos?

There's no difference between MultiTOS and MiNT in this area, because MiNT is MultiTOS' kernel.

> Moreover, file names returned from Fsfirts and Fsnext may be treated
> differently; MiNT domain process are expected to be able to deal with > file names that are not standard 8 character name + 3 character
> extension, all upper case, DOS file names.

Which means that filenames returned by Fsfirst()/Fsnext() in Pdomain(1) may be no longer 8+3, but for example 3+8, and your program has to handle this. However, as Frank already wrote, there's nothing about filenames longer than 14 characters.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).