Re: [MiNT] Ammount of file descriptors per process

Hello!

3. Opening (creating) files using system call Fcreate(), the maximum ammount of files it tries to open is taken from Sysconf(SYS_MAXFILES) system call.

 * Sysconf(which): returns information about system configuration.
 *       2      max. number of open files per process   {OPEN_MAX}

Ad 3. Sysconf(SYS_MAXFILES) returns 32. Test fails after opening 26 files.

This is not the number of files you can open, this is the maximum number of files a process can have open.

Hoops this sentence is where my English fails completely, could you write it some other way for us (yes, we are more than one here that didn't get it)?

Adam said he used Sysconf(SYS_MAXFILES) limit to try to open such a number of files. But Sysconf(SYS_MAXFILES) don't return the number of unused filedescriptors, it return the maximum number of parallel opened
filedescriptors.

Regards,
Frank

--