Re: [MiNT] XaAES + blitter

(Apparently I've forgotten to move my MiNT list subscription over to
 my new email address, so I'll post this again.)

> that's probably question to XaAES developers, anyway: how it's with
> blitter & xaaes? it's used? afaik blitter is used by vdi and this is
> something else than aes ;-) Is there any possibility how to not use it
> except to use nvdi (fvdi?) ?

XaAES would use the VDI for its drawing operations.

Some VDI's have been able to turn the use of the blitter on and off.
IIRC, that was the case for the original VDIs (once they began
supporting the blitter at all), but notably not the Falcon VDI (which
is blitter only), and I think NVDI can do it too (it can definitely
work without the blitter).

fVDI and the EmuTOS VDI can't use the blitter at all.
I don't know if it would be possible to use EmuTOS on the machine
you have in mind. I don't believe its VDI can currently be used
without the rest of EmuTOS, but I'm not sure about that.
fVDI isn't, for the time being, terribly useful on standard Atari
hardware. The support for monochrome mode and Falcon TC should be
pretty decent, but for 2/4/8 bitplanes it's mostly non-existant.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |
                        | so hard to do |  WWW:      http://www.klockars.net
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (fVDI, MGIFv5, QLem)