[MiNT] Fwd: Re: Floppy problems with Mint

Can we help?

STanda

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Floppy problems with Mint
From: Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>

Hi,

Thanks, I wasn't sure who to report this to and I am not on
the Mintlist anymore.

Quite a few people don't use floppies but until we get a working
USB flash stick working I will be using them.

Maybe floppy formatting hasn't been tested. I just tried to format
a floppy with 1.15.12 and format works ok so it looks like the
hardware is fine and that there is a more "recent" problem with
Freemint.

The exact messges is "The drive can not be locked!"

If I use >mkfatfs a:

it returns:

mkfatfs 0.24, 2000-06-14 for TOS and DOS FAT/FAT32-FS
Found XHDI level 1.30.

mkfatfs: Can't lock A:

Is there anything else I could try ?

Regards,