Re: [MiNT] question about socket calls

on 4/20/2005 10:41 AM, Frank Naumann wrote:

> No, the DNS resolver is part of the user space application. In a first
> version you can use the DNS lookup of gluestik, this just wrap around the
> mintlib gethostbyname().

Ah.  Are there plans to move the resolver from user space to the kernal in
the future?

> http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/syscalls.master?re
> v=1.26&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> and search for Fsocket. The semantic is the same as for the well known BSD
> socket interface.

Thanks again.  I now have a complete set of bindings for GFA although not
entirely tested.  Well fsocket() and fsocketpair() work perfectly so I am
fairly confident the rest will work too.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/