Re: [MiNT] question about socket calls

on 4/30/2005 1:09 AM, Frank Naumann wrote:

> No, this is not a kernel task. But we can made a SLB wrapper around the
> mintlib DNS lookup. This should not be complicated.

That would work. Not having to rely on gluestik for resolve would be quite
ok.  I don't know anything about XDD as ozk suggested, but either way if one
can unload gluestik, that would be very good.

I have done some testing with the socket calls, and seems to work quite
nicely as I can communicate with the vnc server.  The only problem I have
atm is the event loop.  The program must have a proper event loop for the
window management. What is the best/fast way to poll a socket to see if some
data is waiting?

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/