Re: [MiNT] Loopback device for MiNT, request for comments

Le Wed, 4 May 2005 14:39:22 +0200 (CEST)
Frank Naumann <fnaumann@boerde.de> a écrit:

> As I said, this don't work as the syscalls are context dependant, e.g.
>
> the syscalls operate in a process context and only modify the process
> context. So if you open a file in the context of process A you can
> only  access the file from process A. Process B don't know anything
> about these  open file.

Damn, the kernel can not open any file for itself ?

> > If not, how can I access the kernel_* functions from a xdd ?
>
> You are right, they are only exported to the new style kernel
> interface  (not the old one as still used by xfs/xdd). Anyway, before
> you can write a  loopback driver we require block device support in
> the kernel too.

Even putting the loop device in the core kernel (like /kern, /shm,
etc...) would not work without this block device ? So, I'm stuck with my
idea, no loopback device for MiNT.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/