Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

ons, 15,.06.2005 kl. 23.15 +0200, skrev Zorro:
> Hi,
>
> >From years, I use NAES 2.0.
>
> I'm very happy with this one but some months ago, I heard that XAAES is
> very fast because now, it's a kernel modul.
>
> I wanted to try by myself with the binaries from CVS provided by
> "xaaes.atariforge.net" but I must acknowledge you that I am very
> disappointed.
>
> I have made 2 video with zview on NAES and XAAES because I want to show
> you 2 things:
>

> 1) I handle the resize event to (re)draw only the invisible parts of the
> window.

 Under XaAES you can be sure you only get rectangles of dirtied areas.
If you do your own clipping here, it would explain why zview services
WM_REDRAWS slightly slower than other apps.

> With NAES ( and magic, etc..), it works great but with XAAES, all the
> windows is redrawn.. event the window's widget !!

 Yes, saw that in the video. This is not correct, and I just cant
understand why this happens... sure you run the .km?

> It's very slow :-/

 Yes, definately.

> 2) The most important; when I move a window above another, the bottom
> window is *completly* redrawn.
>
> Of course, this problems occurs with all the applications and not only
> with zview... for exemple, when I move a window above a RSM one( with
> many icons inside), I have the time to drink a coffee.
>

> http://the.zorro.free.fr/tmp/naes.mpg
> http://the.zorro.free.fr/tmp/xaaes.mpg

 Judging from these videos, you must be running a 5 year old XaAES
version. I just tested latest zView here, and it all worked fine. Looks
like there's slow handling of WM_REDRAWS in your app, but no problems as
in the video.

> So what? problem with my config ( I have tried on my CT60 and Aranym) or
> something else?

 I cant explain what goes on here. Are you absolutely sure you installed
the kernel module? Please explain how you installed XaAES?

 Best regards
Odd Skancke