Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

Evan Langlois a écrit :

Do you want to use static and unoptimised libraries that take about 10 Mb of disk space ( minimum) without the "image to screen" convertion code? Do you have forgot that we are on Atari?

Unoptimized?  Who says?

Yes, unoptimised.

Have you studied the cairo code? I have do that to make my PDF codec.

I don't know EVAS but I'm sure that it can't handle directly Bitmap in Atari format.

Stop using GCC 2.95 and upgrade,

Thanks but I use and you can find GCC 3.3.3 on my website since 1 year.

and they are
only static if you compile them that way.

Currently, MiNT doesn't support (ELF) external libraries.

Getting real loadable
libraries (instead of the non-standard kludge that currently exists) is
definately something that needs to be discussed, but AFTER a decent
virtual memory system is in place.
I agreed.

You talk again and again since months but what do you wait to add this features into the kernel ?

What I'm talking about is moving already written code into the OS and
expanding the VDI to do these tasks!   There are lots of libraries that
exist that will allow us to legally borrow the code.  I'm not talking
about making a static library with a deprecated toolchain

But what "already written code" do you want to move into the OS?

The only usefull functions to add into the VDI is the bitmap->screen convertion, transparency level and zoom functions. And NVDI5 owns this functions since many years.

And please, don't talk about image format; zview beta 6 will support JPG, GIF, (X)IMG, degas, neochrome, Eureka, godpaint, animated format ( currently only animated Gif), TGA, BMP, TIFF ( all, even the multipage ones), PNG with alpha layer, Postscript 1, 2, 3 and even the PDF 1.5.

SVG?

No but no problem to add this format.

 MPG?  AVI?
And MID and MOD ?

I'm talking about image decompression, not about video or audio format...

It's not Gimp but I thing that it's no so bad for a sofware in beta stage.

I'm not talking about applications.  I'm talking about APIs
APIs of what?

I provide a little collection of codecs and a library to decode image formats easily ( with one line, you can decode, resize and make the image->screen convertion). No more no less.

Mark spoke about AES image background and you said that the zview's codec are not the right idea to do that without to know nothing about this codecs.

Redundant code? the codecs are shareable and useable by everyone where is the redundant code?

where are these codecs and documentation?   A set of image loaders is a
start, but its hardly what I'm talking about.
http://the.zorro.free.fr/misc.html

But shortly, the internal codec's design will be changed with zview beta 6.

Ciao.
Zorro