Re: [MiNT] codec plugin in atari planet (was: Re: Cool new AES features)

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 20:29 +0200, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:
> BTW, we are taking about displaying an image in background, and the set of
> tool provided by these plugin are already overdimensionned for the
> purpose... so what ? You'd like such plugin to do real-time rotozoom...
> just to display the image in the background ?
>
> I'm lost :/

The one sure accurate point he makes is one of compositing.  If the user
has a PNG background and has PNG icons, they can be composited on top
using that software.  The advantages I am not sure of, but probably
helps anti-aliasing and resizing of icons in real time and such.

Thanks,
Mark