Re: [MiNT] Xaaes is NOT slow

man, 15,.08.2005 kl. 17.26 +0200, skrev Adam Kłobukowski:
> Ingo Schmidt napisał(a):
> > Hi!
> >
> >> Ok, Xaaes is not slow :)
> >>
> >> real: 11min, user 10min, sys 1min
> >> I'll try to track the app that makes problems.
> >>

> > Ah, I am not suprised! My experience with XaAES is, that it is a lot
> > faster than anything else. However it still has a few glitches here and
> > there. But it just takes a small email or note on ICQ to ozk and it gets
> > fixed.
> >
> > I dont use N.AES at all anymore. XaAES runs too fine to switch back to
> > n.AES.
> >
> > So whenever I read mails with subject "XaAES slow" I am very sceptical,
> > I have to say...
> >
> > Anyway, let us know which app is the offending one :-)
>
> The offender is.........
>
> Blowup
>
> Anyway it seems that there is a serious bug in Xaaes, becouse with
> earlier versions it worked like a charm, and it works with Naes without
> problems. So, it is not really Blowup problem.

 Blowup is so fat a hack it has to run _AFTER_ mint ;-)

> Moreover, there is definietly one other serious bug: Blowup gives me
> 800x600x256c resolution, but Xaaes, while moving windows, seems it is
> more like 640x480, and redraw messages are clipped to that region. I can
> still redraw window correctly bt titling/untitling (right mouse button
> on titlebar) it.

 This is not a problem with XaAES. This comes from the fact that the VDI
is not properly initialized when using blowup, because when XaAES opens
the physical workstation, VDI clipping is enabled and set to 640x480
with/height. In addition, this clip is not performed on every vdi
operation. I fixed this a while back by turning off clip on the physical
opened. I have not checked this into the cvs yet, but will do as soon as
possible. I'm working on resolution changes on the Milan atm.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke