Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net problems on my Milan

Jo Even Skarstein píše v Čt 25. 08. 2005 v 23:24 +0200:
> I haven't been able to get any of my ethernet-cards working on my Milan for
> a couple of months now. I have two cards, one RTL8029 (NE2000-clone) and one
> RTL8139 (IIRC). Sometimes the drivers won't recognise one or both cards (I'm
> using Ozk's drivers, the latest from assemsoft.atari.org), but most of the
> time it looks ok. Then I set up the connection with ifconfig and route as
> usual, when I inspect the routing tables with route it looks fine. But
> that's it, there's no connection. Pinging my router or other computers on my
> network fails.

what does tcpdump say on your router?

> know what to look for. Any suggestions are highly welcomed...

Well, I have spent a very exciting afternoon with my AfterBurner
yesterday. I use RTL8029 and Ozk's driver and it's just like you write -
sometimes the card is not recognized at all, sometimes it is but the MAC
address is bogus. And from time to time the card is recognized properly
with correct MAC address but data transfer works in one direction only.
The tcpdump then says "ARP tell mint.home who's joy.home" or something
like that (joy is my main router, mint is AB40).

And when I am real lucky and rebooted like 20 times and prayed a lot
then everything works as expected and I can ftp or scp few CD ISO images
rather quickly.

Petr