From: mint-bounce@lists.fishpool.fi on behalf of Ekkehard Flessa
Sent: Tue 02/08/2005 06:11
To: mint@fishpool.com
Subject: [MiNT] Trying to compile gnokii

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile gnokii (http://www.gnokii.org), a software for data
communication with cell phones, for MiNT. Configure went through, albeit it was
obviously missing some features. Anyway, when I was trying to compile, I got
this:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -g -O2  -I../../include   -o
unixserial.lo -c unixserial.c
 gcc -g -O2 -I../../include -c unixserial.c -o unixserial.o
unixserial.c: In function `serial_opendevice':
unixserial.c:309: `FIOASYNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
unixserial.c:309: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
unixserial.c:309: for each function it appears in.)
unixserial.c: In function `serial_setdtrrts':
unixserial.c:329: `TIOCMBIS' undeclared (first use in this function)
unixserial.c:331: `TIOCMBIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[1]: *** [unixserial.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/l/gnokii/gnokii-0.6.8/common/devices'
gmake: *** [common/devices] Error 2

These should be defined in /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h (or modem.h), but they're
not there.

I could try to fake TIOCMBIS and TIOCMBIC by using the defines for TIOCLBIS and
TIOCLBIC which sound similar. But what's FIOASYNC for and how's that one got to
be defined?

Secondly, during configure I've got a bus error warning from XaAES saying that
g77 has crashed.

With best regards
Ekkehard

P.S.: configure does work, but needs quite some time to determine the maximum
commandline length. I've added the following to my local copy of it, approx. at
line 5450:

  mint*)
    # Even on a Milan040, this will take 15 Minutes or so.
    # It would result in 262144 on my system.
    # So we just punt and use a minimum line length of 65535.
    # 2005-07-31 Ekkehard Flessa
    lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len=65535;
    ;;