Re: [MiNT] binutils-2.13.2.1-2.m68kmint.rpm

Le Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:11:44 -0500
Evan Langlois <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com> a écrit:

> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 14:48 -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
>
> > Actually you just encouraged me to look around and indeed it's
> > possible but difficult through the use of macros.  Now it seems
> > another problem could be that most linux distros use a version of
> > rpm substantially newer than ours.  I tried to build a new rpm but
> > got held up on beecrypt.  Maybe that problem has been resolved or
> > worked around with later versions.
>
> Has anyone tried porting a newer version?   I wanted to use the
> version of rpm that comes with busybox to simplify things, but that
> version needs mmap() so that you can handle files bigger than RAM
> efficiently, and trying to write a work-around was just too
> frustrating - it goes back to needing a virtual address space to
> support a real mmap() to do it efficiently.

mmap() is on kernel level, new binutils would not change this.

However, more and more recent C++ software requires gcc/g++ 3 to be
compiled, and currently (with my patches) it does not work.

If anyone is interested, the preliminary patches for binutils and gcc
are mon my site, but considered non-working. I would like some help to
fix that. binutils 2.15 for example does not create the translation
table in the binary, so all relocated addresses still point to NULL.

I know gcc 3 maybe more memory hungry and slower than current 2.95, but
having recent tools is needed to port recent software, specially when
cross-compiling.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/