Re: [MiNT] last mint kernel and xaaes

fre, 02,.12.2005 kl. 13.22 +0100, skrev Odd Skancke:
> > I'm sorry to say it but it still doesn't behave correctly :( It's true
> > booting is OK until the moment messages related to unix applications
> > appear - e.g. cleanin up /tmp, mounting network etc - in this moment I
> > see combinations of bus errors and illegal instructions... I thought
> > maybe I damaged ext2 fs but no, 1.16.1 working correctly..
>
>  Do you have MP enabled? If not, try to enabled MP just to see if it
> makes a difference. How much RAM do you have in your CT?

 Ok, replying to myself. Just made a test without MP here myself, and
could see the problems.

>  Anyone else have this problem?

 Yeah, me! Ohgod..

> > I've tried to disable all AUTOs, no change.
> >

>  Okie, most probably this is a problem with the new cache stuff. I
> cannot reproduce these problems myself, and this time I have made sure
> the correct kernel was installed on the ct63 :)

 This was true, but I didnt try without MP. And upon investigating the
problem, it is a true wonder it worked at all. Because a really stupid
bug where only one cacheline was flushed/invalidated when the whole
cache should be was overlooked by yours truly. Try updating again, and
see if its better.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke