Re: [MiNT] [Q] About /dev/mouse usage

Quoting Patrice Mandin <mandin.patrice@wanadoo.fr>:

I dig into the mouse device source, and read that it uses XBIOS
Initmous() function. It redirects the mouse vector to its routine. I
wonder if it would be possible to call the old handler when the
device is used, so that AES still got mouse events.

In most sane environments there is a layered approach.  Could someone please
tell me what logic has been used in the mouse handling design of XaAES?

Example ... the AES can (should) open the mouse device like anyone else, and the
OS can then determine if its policy is to make the mouse device a mutually
exclusive device, or send events to every process that opens it.

So .. why has the common layered approach been scrapped in favor of confusion?