Re: [MiNT] NVRAM free bytes?

Le Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:37:01 -0500
"Standa Opichal" <opichals@seznam.cz> a écrit:

> Hi Gerhard!
>
> We wanted to use that as an equivalent for the mint.ini stuff
> in case you can boot directly the FreeMiNT kernel and don't have
> access to any other external storage at that point (which is
> now possible since EmuTOS can now bootstrap the FreeMiNT kernel
> which has the hostfs.xfs built-in and so it can boot directly
> from the host OS filesystem with no HDD image file needed).
>
> So if the NVM.reserved[4] is not known used by anything useful
> I would propose to use that space for the mint.ini stuff.
>
> Is there anything that prevent us from doing this?

Wouldn't it be better to pass parameters to the kernel on the command
line, like Linux kernel does?

Also I think it would be nice to make a kernel loader to put in auto
folder, where you can select the kernel to load, instead of having the
kernel parse the extra mint.ini file. So you could easily switch between
different kernel versions.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/