Re: [MiNT] Keith S. makes Subversion available on Atari!

Sorry I have not replied earlier, but I have been way busy.

A little about Subversion (hopefully I am remembering this all correctly).

To build APR, only a couple changes are needed, PORTLIB needs to be commented out of the configure script, at least 2 lines. Then APR was configured with:

CFLAGS=-m68020-60 ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-dso \
--disable-threads --disable-ipv6

Only reason for the CPU requirements was because some SVN sites need HTTPS and I was not 100% sure how that was handled....

APR-Util was just configured with the location of APR:

./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr

Neon is required to allows use of HTTPS, that was next.....

CFLAGS=-m68020-60 ./configure --with-ssl=openssl

And finally, subversion....

CFLAGS=-m68020-60 ./configure --disable-shared --enable-all-static \
--disable-mod-activation --with-apr=/usr/local/apr \
--with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr --disable-neon-version-check --with-ssl

The only problems I ran into with subversion is problems with building the testing applications, none of them had Main functions, IIRC, so I had to add that to each one for GCC 2.95 to build them. Most of the tests failed anyway, unsure if that was a subversion problem, or a python problem. It did not matter to me as it worked for my purposes.

The reason for the '--disable-neon-version-check' is to cover a bug in this version of Subversion, which is (or was) the current stable release at the time, whereas the APR versions are legacy versions, much like the Apache 1.3.x series.

As far as testing, I've used this to checkout and update ScummVM source from SourceForge, and also SDL source, along with source code for the game Jagged Alliance 2. I have not done any submissions.

I definitely would not really suggest moving to Subversion as at this point in time for MiNT related items, there is no need, The need though is to have it available for other items people have produced and people have tried to port to MiNT.

As far as RPMs. I have tried some with APR, but my spec writing skills are horrible, and so far I always fail at assembling the package. I will probably keep working on it though, already have the patch and most of the spec together.....

Otherwise, I'm not working on too much groundbreaking 'stuff.' I keep thinking I should look into the Apache 2.x series for MiNT, but I don't see much need for it, the 1.3.x series is more than enough for someone who wants a webserver on their Atari. Still mess with ScummVM from time to time, but he C++ code gives me headaches, and not enough time to test. And lastly, been working with the source code to Jagged Alliance 2, don't know if I stand a chance at getting it to run on the Atari, but right now I am cleaning up all of the logic code so it compiles under MiNT, the video/sound/input will be the next huge hurdle. It's written for DirectX 2, spec'd for a P133 with 32 megs....

Keith