[MiNT] Keith S. makes Subversion available on Atari!

First many kudos to Keith! :D

This was requested not so long ago (see
<http://sparemint.atariforge.net/mailinglist/Mailing-Lists/MiNT-List.200510/402174642.20051006140355@der-ingo.de.text>).
I wanted it just as badly then, as Subversion had started to phase out CVS
at work and on interesting open-source projects: that is why I write this
little cheering-up and "advertising" message, as this was originally only
announced on dhs.nu (http://bbs.dhs.nu/coding/index.php?request=2233).
Keith, please of course feel free to comment!

For the record I once tried to get it to cross-compile, I at least figured
I did not *required* mmap() (at least for the client part), contrary to
premature suppositions made
(<http://sparemint.atariforge.net/mailinglist/Mailing-Lists/MiNT-List.200510/4345402E.2040409@coolrunningconcepts.com.text>).
But for subversion-1.3.0 and apr-0.9.7 at that time, I had to use the trio
library, nice it is not needed anymore!
My own stumbling block IIRC was that it required programs to run during
build phase, so I was out of luck with cross-compiling, as I had neither
native hardware nor emulated working MiNT development setup (which I am
about to achieve only now... BTW anyone interested in an up-to-date
SpareMiNT-from-scratch procedure?).

So perhaps AtariForge should provide Subversion hosting now! ;)

And perhaps some good fellow will make RPMs out of the tarballs?

Speaking of RPMs where should new ones go? On the original SpareMiNT site?
Or does http://dev.sparemint.org/ effectively replace the former and is
now officially live?!? If this is the case I think an "official"
announcement would be needed!

Cheers to all,
   Guillaume