Re: [MiNT] SV: form_button in XaAES

Hello

Hi!

Talking about toolbars, Don't you think that vertical slider in a
window with a toolbar should stay under the toolbar like does with the
infoline or like does in highwire? i commented this in xaaes forum
some time ago.
I don't know what is more logical for user (probably like for infoline), but actually I know that for AES the most logical is like it is done in all AES, because the toolbar is in the "working area" of the window, if client wan't change height of toolbar, the AES have not this information (except perhaps to do a new wind_set(WM_TOOLBAR)), I think toolbar aes extension is too poor to have slider under toolbar. Odd wan't to have toolbar in diffrent positions, this is quite difficult to manage (where should we put sliders if they are on left position for example) and probably not very usefull. In my opinion, the only good way is a way to create Frames in a window, like this we could add toolbars where we need, we can have sliders in the good position draw by the AES with uniform design, this is not too difficult to add in fact, each frame can be a simple window in a mother window with some constraint, when the mother window move for example all sub windows(frames) move automatically by GEM, or close when mother window close etc. In fact I have in MyAES internally already a start of this approach.

There is sort of extension already exist WinDom lib:
http://windom.sourceforge.net/doc/html/group__Frame.html

I not use this lib at this time (but really probably the best AES lib I know look zview application for example).But probably the problem with this sort of library, is that you can't have an uniform design and have slider in good place except if lib draw itself sliders.

I think a very simple way to do this could be:

win_handle_mother = wind_create()
handle_frame1 = wind_create();
handle_frame2 = wind_create();
etc...

wind_attach_asframe(win_handle_mother, handle_frame1, some parameters to define...) wind_attach_asframe(win_handle_mother, handle_frame2, some parameters to define...)
etc...

wind_open(win_handle_mother) that open mother window and all sub frames windows

Application should manage messages, and receive for example all classicals messages for click, redraw, sliders etc of the frame window, moving or close mother window close or move all sub windows. Inside a frame window we can put a toolbar classicaly.

Olivier