Re: [MiNT] GLib

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:25:00 , Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 17 November 2007, Peter Slegg wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:50:30 , p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
> > > I hadn't heard of WireShark but I see it is the renamed Ethereal
> > > which I have heard of.
> > >
> > > It requires:
> > > GLib-1.2.10 or GLib-2.12.12 (to build the TTY-mode front-end only)
> > > libpcap-0.9.6 (required to capture data)
>
> [...]
>
> > I have just managed to build glib 2.4.0.
>
> What's the point of building glib 2.4.0 if WineShark requires version
> 2.12.12

Ooops I missed that. It took me a while to find a place to download
the source and I stupidly assumed it was the latest. I'll try again.

I thought I would have a go at Wireshark because Roger suggested it.
I knew it wouldn't be easy and even if it failed at least some other
packages might get an update in the process. Someone has to do it.

My Milan60 is capable of building them at reasonable speed but I
have almost no experience of building rpm's.

Another update on the net issues. This morning I had no client
functionality. All I could do was ping hosts. I have just reduced
the mtu back to 1458 and all is well again.

Regards,

Peter