Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - Keith's Latest Progress (or lack thereof)

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 13:57 +0100, Olivier Landemarre wrote:
> Alan Hourihane a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 16:34 -0500, Keith Scroggins wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I'm currently building GCC 4.2.2 under AranyM, still got a ways to go.
> >>
> >> Otherwise, I built a Canadian Cross build with Vincent's latest tools and
> >> packages, and my results were the same it seems, the C compiler seems to
> >> work on the small items I test, and the C++ compiler does not seem to work
> >> on what I have tested, creating executables that SIGILL (illegal
> >> instruction).
> >>

> > Ugh. Same here now.
> >
> > Since updating GCC & binutils with Vincent's recent updates, the
> > FreeMiNT kernel I build is now generating lots of problems. I'm not sure
> > what's going on either yet. I'll see if I can backtrack on some of the
> > binaries as it used to work.
> >
> > Alan.
> >

> Hello
>
> When I compil kernel with gcc 4 for coldfire, I have find some trouble,
> one possible trouble is when a Signal occur, when it occur Mint kernel
> modify stack position. For coldfire there was not enough stack put here,
> I thought it come with 68K emulator even if most of Mint kernel not need
> it because it was native, but perhaps it's link to GCC 4 that need
> perhaps more stack. You can try find where I have done this patch
> (search for #ifdef COLDFIRE and try replace the good one by #if 1, I
> don't remember in wich file I have done this patch)

I don't think so. As it used to work before Vincent's recent changes.

I took a look at your code and it doesn't make sense....

# ifdef COLDFIRE
    newstack = ((unsigned long) &newcurrent) - 0x40UL - 12UL - 0x100UL;
# else
    newstack = ((unsigned long) &newcurrent) - 0x40UL - 12UL - 0x100UL;
# endif

Alan.