Re: [MiNT] stdio write problem in mintlib

Quoting Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.demon.co.uk>:

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 08:39 +0100, Vincent Rivi`ere wrote:

In order to be compatible with the existing programs, the best solution
would probably to not patch anything. In that case the pipes use default
mode, so it is impossible to use real binary data in pipes when UNIXMODE
  is not set to b (is it a real problem ?). And UNIX software will have
to be patched explicitly for MiNT in order to be prepared to find CR in
pipes (like bash with the ` ` syntax).

With limited people on FreeMiNT development anyway, I think we don't
have the resources to patch all UNIX software explicitly for MiNT.

So I'd rather correct this now and just recompile the programs that are
broken.

I think if you have a new application compiled with new MiNTlib you
should compile your other applications with new MiNTlib too.

Are many people likely to pipe old TOS apps ? If so then would it be possible
to run the app and tell the system (manually) to treat it differently ?

Peter