Re: [MiNT] Font selector Library and redraw messages

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Gerhard Stoll wrote:
> > please don't write new apps and use these old wdialog calls.
>
> Why? The font protocol is not younger, than MagiC 4 (WDialog).

Yes, I tend to agree with Gerhard here. I took a look at the very
limited documentation of the Font protocol in the Thing doc and that
doesn't seem as complete as the MagiC extensions (if I'm not mistaken,
that's what they really are, Wdialog was just a hack for non-MagiC
systems).

I mean, if XaAES implements functions such as objc_wedit(), also
MagiC-specific functions, and we are encouraged to use them, why should
it be any different with the font library?

JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire