Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - My Status....

Vincent Rivière wrote:
Keith Scroggins wrote:
I completed a bootstrap on my Falcon of GCC. Ran into the same problem as Miro where compiles failed. Rebuilt Mintlib, with patches from the list. Now, the C compiler is working (just tested a few items)

Excellent !

>, but not
C++ compiling, it fails the same way C compiling failed initially. I'm guessing I need to rebuild gcc (at least g++) now with the rebuilt mintlib. Well, of to bed for now.

There is no problem with the executables: natively compiled, cross-compiled, or compiled for another host, they always produce the same code (when there is no bug). However, it is crucial to build all the libraries with the same binutils and GCC versions.

If your current build uses my binutils 2.18 patch (and of course GCC 4.2.2), it should be compatible with my cross-compiled libraries.

You could try this quick test in order to avoid rebuilding the libraries:
Download my latest GCC binary package for Cygwin
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/gcc-4.2.2-mint-20080107-bin-cygwin-20080107.tar.bz2 Extract only the libraries found in usr/local/m68k-atari-mint/m68k-atari-mint/*.a
and put them into the directory /usr/lib of your Falcon.

Try to link again your C++ program: it should work !

Got binutils compiled and installed under aranym on my macbook pro 2.4ghz. All I have to say is ... wow. This machine + recent JIT build = amazing aranym performance. The configure script for instance just whizzes by. I also installed a current build on my server and couldn't help but notice how much faster it is now than before. Excellent :) Still working on GCC. My image ran out of disk space :-P.

Thanks,
Mark