Re: [MiNT] gcc-4.2.2-mint-20080127

Vincent Rivière wrote:
Hello.

I have just updated my patches for the binutils and GCC.
They are available as usual:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/

Now all the tools displays the patch version when they are invoked with --version. Keith, this would have helped you for finding your C++ problem !

I have removed the implicit usage of -fomit-frame-pointer when -O is used. The GCC bug is still present, but it does not appear as long as -O, -m68020 and -fomit-frame-pointer are not used together. So now Quake works when compiled with -O3 and -m68060 ! I tried to enable the video again, and that's incredible, it works perfectly on ARAnyM with FreeMiNT ! It is very fast, probably about 25 fps, with the software renderer (OpenGL is not used). I didn't enable the keyboard, so we can only look at the demo. Maybe MiKRO will release a playable version compatible with ARAnyM ?

Finally, I added the patches provided by MiKRO for compiling GCC 4.2.2 natively with GCC 2.95.3. I didn't include the patch for libstdc++-v3 about strtof() and strtold(), because it works well with the cross-compiler, and I wasn't able to reproduce the problem natively because of big memory problems. Of course, I will include it if it is really necessary.

I also included the patch provided by Olivier for the makeinfo problem. He has compiled the binutils on Fedora Core 8, where makeinfo 4.11 was not considered >= 4.4.

So far, what are the remaining problems with GCC 4.2.2 ?

Keith, you said recently that the "thunk" problem was still here. Could you tell me how to reproduce it ?

Alan, you reported having a lot of problems with the FreeMiNT kernel (however it used to work fine), are they really related with my latest patches ?

Many thanks to all of you for contributing to improve the build tools !

Hi guys,

When you build gcc native, did you run into files that were having dos newlines and gcc 2.95.3 not being able to deal with them? Mainly in libdecnumber or something like that. Right now I've just been manually converting them when the build fails but it seems to be a bit random as to which files I'm running into.

Thanks,
Mark