Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 patch

On 14-jan-2008, at 21:39, Guido Flohr wrote:

Its purpose is to classify similar hard- and

software environments and wipe out marginal differences, for example the

difference between different Linux distributions, or similar variations

of processor types as the m68k family, x86 processors from Intel and AMD

and so on.

Still, the term 'canonical name' seems to be applied to any concatenated set of names. I'm beginning to doubt now whether this is the case for system-type-processor-os platform descriptions when I read all this, but I know people make a destinction between normal domainnames and 'canonical domain names'.

Maurits.