Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 compile error

> I've looked into crtinit.c & co but I haven't seen anything
> suspicious... please, if you have some better knowledge, try to look
> at this. This is the key for gcc4 compilation.

OK, after some look into mintlib & freemint sources I've got it. Hard
to say if it's bug -- imagine you set that 2048 KB as stack in
mintlib. There's check if basepage + prgsize + stack will be under
high TPA. And guess what? Freemint uses some hardcoded value for that
TPA for each process. At first it looked bad (changing stuff in
kernel) but after a while I "discovered" there's mint.cnf keyword for
this!

So, if you have some decent machine (>=14 MB RAM), set TPA in mint.cnf
to let's say 4096 KB (this will give you around 0.5 MB between
bp+prg+stack and hitpa for each process when 2048 KB stack is used).

When I'll be at home, I'll try to recompile the whole thing with this
new 2048KB-stack-mintlib and we'll see :)

One thing is still mystery for me -- why under aranym with JIT and
without mmu mintlib says (right) message "Fatal error: insufficient
memory" (with default TPA in mint.cnf) but under falcon+mmu it says
"bus error" (or memory violation, I don't remember now).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org