Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 patch

good news everyone! =)

> Sure it will work !
> I will include it in my next update.
yes, you're right, I compiled "light" version of gcc (just 'c'
language, no bootstrap, no multilib) with your newest patch + my patch
and no problems so far.

> I must admit that I'm not completely sure that the code generated with
> GCC 4.2.2 is fully binary compatible with the libraries compiled with
> GCC 2.95.3...
Vincent, I have to (again!) thank you for such good point! I
recompiled mintlib with gcc 4 and voila, quake is running!

I think the only task which is left is to compile freemint kernel and
then test if it works as usual..

In a next few days I'd like to try to compile binutils 2.18 and use
them with gcc4 compilation. If this succeed, I think we are ready to
rpm-ize them and use on regular basis.

And Andreas -- of course, there's nothing "seriously" bad with that
m68k-atari-mint1.16 notation but honestly, do you think there is some
use for it? It only means additional work to me -- either specify
--build/--host manually or to rename final binaries. Both are cosmetic
changes, yes but on the other side -- there's really no advantage to
have information about the kernel version in gcc/g++ name.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org