[MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 RPM build....

Hello All,

I have created 2 RPM packages for GCC 4.2.2, a C package and a C++ package. They will install under /usr, but the executables installed in bin will all have a -4.2.2 suffix. Otherwise, other than messing up the RPM database with the GCC 2.95.3 installation, this should not interfere with it at all.

It is untested as I lack the disk space and time so far) to try it (I have it installed under /usr/local right now).

I remcomend renaming all od the gcc 2.95 bins to (name)-2.95 and creating a couple scripts that will switch between the 2 compilers using symlinks, like:

rm gcc
ln -s gcc-4.2.2 gcc
rm g++
ln -s g++-4.2.2 g++

Etc

When I have time, I will upload the SRPMs for both GCC and Binutils.

http://www.radix.net/~atari/mint/gcc-4.2.2-1.m68kmint.rpm (5 Megs)
http://www.radix.net/~atari/mint/gcc-c++-4.2.2-1.m68kmint.rpm  (10 Megs)

As with Binutils, this is software in development, and could still have bugs, or I could have totally screwed the RPMs when they were built.

Keith