Re: [MiNT] Anyone using N.AES?

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:01:14 , Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.nu> wrote:

> >> That means you find XaAES not rock solid? I really can't remember
> >> when I
> >> saw XaAES crash... if something bad happend, it was always some dirty
> >> application's fault...
> >
> > No that's not what I said. I said it's a working naes setup, it's
> > stable, so
> > I see no point in changing it.  Ever heard the phrase "if it isn't
> > broke,
> > don't fix it"?  ;o)
>
> Especially since the majority of Atari software consists of dirty
> applications.. and if they work in n.aes, that's a good reason for
> continuing to use it. :o)
>
> I find this thread interesting; last time I touched my TT (a few
> years ago), XaAES was unusable and N.AES was the only option for me
> (and a lot of others). Seems like a lot has happened since then if
> XaAES is de facto by now. I should give it another try. :o)
>
> Maurits.

I delayed switching from NAES for a couple of years because of the
problems I had with networking and floppy drive formatting.

The network issue hasn't been fixed but altering some of the config
has worked around the problem.

AFAIK floppy formatting still doesn`t work but I will test it again.

There are still a few display issues in Texel and ctrl-insert doesn't
work. I have fewer crashes, Texel used to lock-up quite often when
cut&pasting.

I tried a few older apps that I rarely use and didn't have much look
but I didn't get chance to check further.

Regards,

Peter