Re: [MiNT] RPM's

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:01 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Edgar Aichinger wrote:
>
> >> I'm wondering if it makes sense to target Fedora 8's (or 9's) RPM's and
> >> start to build up from those. Rather than rolling our own.
> >
> > I suppose redhat/fedora specs are easier to port than e.g. openSUSE,
> > which use quite SUSE specific stuff sometimes (macros). Don't know
> > details on how other distros' rpms differ, but there are quite some
> > based on RPM, e.g. Mandriva
> >

> I think one of the first RPM packages to be updated/ported for such a job
> should be rpm/rpmbuild itself.

Yes, that's a given.

One thing I'm thinking here, is that with RPM we've probably got an
uphill battle.

There's no RPM m68k distro's that I can think of.

Whereas, if we switch to using .deb from Debian, we could leverage the
existing m68k deb packages and just add our patches to those.

Thoughts ?

Alan.