Re: [MiNT] Linux Mint

On Sunday 13 April 2008, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> There is a Linux distribution called "Mint" that has nothing to do
> with MiNT as we know it this mailing list. Kind of confusing. The
> name ATARI already was sold to a company who didn't care about ATARI
> computers. And now people have "stolen" the name of our OS heritage
> also?

To be fair, the people involved in that distribution probably never
heard of MiNT. It just makes googling for info a bit more difficult :-)
However, there is a new Belgian radio station called Mint, with the
logo spelled "MiNT" -- and green, as would be expected:

http://www.mint.fm/

Time to use the FreeMiNT name more, I would say.

JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire