Re: [MiNT] freemint & xaaes release

Le Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:08:03 +0200 (CEST)
Frank Naumann <fnaumann@boerde.de> a _crit:

> Hello!
>
> > I recently compiled CVS but couldn't figure out how to install. "make install" seems to have resulted in only installing
> > Toswin2. I couldn't find any info on where to find the kernel and such.
> >
> > I'm probably missing something obvious.
>
> No, the install target is not implemented inside the Makefiles. This is
> even not so easy to realize, everyone have different setups and to
> automatically modify C:\ is very critical (and lot of people dislike this
> I think). I tried to improve this with different directories so you can
> install several FreeMiNT versions in parallel and keep every setup private
> (also good for testing).

What we should do is a MiNT loader for AUTO folder, where you select
the kernel you want to load. So you don't have to mess with \auto
folder content anymore when you update a MiNT kernel, and keep several
MiNT kernels available.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/