Re: [MiNT] Mint patches

About binutils:

> I also
found recently a little issue: when using --tradiditonal-format (DRI) the cross ld produces invalid endian values for the *debug* symbols __stksize and __heapbase. I think it is harmless, and I plan to fix it soon.

This issue is fixed, and it was very harmless. The garbage was not in the value of the debug symbols. It was actually after the \0 ending the name of the debug symbols longer than 8 characters. The garbage was more or less the same values with the cross and native ld, with different endian ! Now there is no more garbage, the names are filled with zeros.

The executables produced with cross and native ld are now exactly the same. I checked with a little sample, with GNU debug symbols, with --traditional-format (DRI) and with -s, everything seems OK.

The new patch and Cygwin binaries are available at the usual place:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/

I also cross compiled the MiNT binaries, they are available here:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/unsupported/
Beware: I didn't update to the latest MiNTLib, so the lastest patches are not included.

If someone is experiencing problems with that binutils (strip not working, etc...), please try to make a little testcase and send it to me.

--
Vincent Rivière