Re: [MiNT] RPM's

Hi there,

back from work.... back to fun... :)

Vincent Rivière schrieb:
Yeah, another experience of successful cross-development (however, the build process is not clearly explained).
There is not much to explain, i do just the usual 3 steps : ./configure make make install. then copy all needed files together ( i don't have checkinstall right now ) and create the packages.

On your site you speak about Fedora 8 Linux, Aranym and EasyMint, and converting .tar.gz tp rpm using alien.
Yes, i do

> I wonder which system is used to
run the different steps, and which compiler (native GCC 2.95 on EasyMiNT
I'm running EasyMint on Aranym hosted( ARAnyM 0.9.6beta2+CVS 2008/02/05 ) on Fedora 8. The compiler is a native gcc ( 2.95 ). I've tried to compile 4.x but i'm to stupid to get it :(

> or some cross compiler ?).
For me, Franks cross compiler works perfect for freemint and emutos but any other package is linked against the native linux libs ( like zlib for example ) and will not work with tos/mint.

Maybe you used Fedora only for obtaining the sources ?
I use both depends what i'm runnig atm.

I just notice that "alien" is available for MiNT on the SpareMiNT site! I tried to use alien on Debian in order to build rpm packages for MiNT, without success because the rpm version is incompatible...
Yes, there was a major change between v3 and v4 ( which is the latest ) and again with v4 and the upcomming v5.

> That one will surely be better !
Yes, of course. I've tried it a few weeks ago to compile it but the was an error ( can't remember which one ).

Anyway, that's good news you have compiled new software !
Thx.

bye
Bernd

| just another lame sig                                                       |