Re: [MiNT] as + gdb

Hello MiKRO !

I assemble it using 'as --gdwarf2 -o temp.o temp.S' and link using 'ld -o temp temp.o'

Just use "-g" instead of "--gdwarf2" or "--gstabs". as will use the default debug format, which can only be "stabs" for our platform.

However, the progress isn't very good -- gdb no longer complains for debugging symbols but as soon as I type "b temp", I see "Cannot access memory at address 0xe4"... huh?

Same for me with as/ld 2.18 and gdb from EasyMiNT.
This is clearly a bug somewhere.

I found a workaround.
Put the following lines at the end of your source.
	.rept 100
	nop
	.endr

Then you can put the breakpoint, and use "run" and "list" !
However, the following warning is displayed:
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x17921e4 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

I think the bug is in gdb when the size of the text segment is very small...

However, you should be happy now with this workaround.

--
Vincent Rivière