Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT & MiNTlib patchset - add new support

Hello!

Actually, now I remembered why I didn't do it this way.

We add additional xfs_getxattr() call on every read/write/lseek/etc to
obtain the attributes to determine whether it's a directory or not,
which I'm not sure how much slowdown that can cause for normal
operations.

By letting it hit the filesystem, that data is already known.

That's a good point. But I think, getxattr is an optimized routine inside the xfs anyway.

Beside from that we can introduce a new flag to remember that the FILEPTR is associated to a directory (f->flags). Or, if flags is not so good, we can introduce a new struct member at the end of the FILEPTR (this don't have side effects to the xfs).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060