Re: [MiNT] SV: XaAES gradient problem with 1.17.x kernel

Are you sure this isn't a problem with fVDI? Ozk develops on a Falcon with CT60 and a Milan with ATI graphics card. I have a Milan060 with ATI graphics card myself and gradients works fine in both 16 and 24 bit modes.
I suppose you're talking about 1.17 kernel, right?

Well, I agree the FVDI issue sounds more reasonable but -- I boot 1.16, everything OK (pixelformat right detected). I boot 1.17, the same xaaes.cnf, the same mint.cnf (I tried even the same xif/xdd/xfs modules!), the same autofolder (only mint.prg swapped). And -- bad pixelformat detected. The system call which fails (returns bad value for pixelformat) is of course... VDI call. So I'm pretty confused.

I tried to compile some older versions of xaaes.km but it worked either bad (i.e. the same) or didn't at all (too old version). I try to compile whole (mint.prg+xaaes.km) set to see if I can spot the date when it stopped working...
I have not tried 1.17.x on Aranym.
It would be cool if someone else could then... it seems it more Aranym issue than FreeMiNT after all.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org