Re: [MiNT] an urgent GEM question :-)

Thomas Huth píše v Út 23. 12. 2008 v 17:23 +0100:
> > I then resorted to a hack and implemented it using appl_tplay() which
> > positions the mouse pointer correctly but I am wondering what's wrong
> > with the v_dspcur() - is it really wrong in all VDI versions? Or am I
> > just calling it incorrectly?
>
> I remember having the same problem ca. 10 years ago. AFAIR there are
> only two reliable ways of setting the mouse pointer:
>  1) Use appl_tplay(), that's the clean solution

it doesn't seem to be working in our EmuTOS :-)

> Maybe there is also a solution using the VDI, but I also did not manage
> to do this at that time.

my documentation clearly suggests that the v_dspcur() is the right way -
if it worked.

> You might want to have a look at the source
> code of appl_tplay() though to see how the AES are doing this
> internally.

not sure if EmuTOS implementation is the right one to learn from. And
XaAES does not implement it at all. Don't know about other AESes with
open source code.

Thinking about N.AES - couldn't that one simply call the ROM TOS tplay
instead of implementing its own solution (that doesn't seem to be
possible, anyway)?

Petr