Re: [MiNT] VDI? (was Re: an urgent GEM question :-)

2008/12/26  <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:

> I hate it when people refuse to release code that they no longer
> have a use for. What is the point ?
>
> It's like burning a work of art because you no longer want to look
> at it.

It is indeed a great shame that NVDI never had its sources released.
The reason given by the authors was that some of the code
was copyrighted by other companies. And also, that some of their own
current software was based on the code/knowledge from NVDI (IIRC),
and they did not want to adventure their own livelyhood.

In any way, it seems there is no way any of the NVDI code will ever
surface as GPL or similar. Sad as it is.

Out of curiosity, did anyone look into the ovdi sources at all last year?

Regards,

/Joakim